"where dreams come true"

by - February 24, 2016




 "We're going to Disney World!!!"
 Although I live in Florida, this isn't an every-day or even every year occurrence, so I had to live it up. Ride all the rides, spend lots on food...you know the drill. 
We arrived around the time that it opened and stayed until closing time, so you can say "longest day ever." But, it was also such a blast! 
The funniest moment had to be when my sister and I were waiting outside of a ride for our friend, and a group of guys came up to us. The first thing I saw was a phone held out to me ready to enter a number. As I slowly looked up I saw a tall kid with a babyface standing in front of me. 
There was also one in front of my sister, waiting to get her number too. 
So, I was shocked and the only words that could come out of my mouth were "how old are you?"
"15" 

FIFTEEN 

{gasp}
I feel old.

So Kelsey was short with them and said "yeah, we're 20." 
And the looks on their faces as they turned around and practically ran away in fear just made my day.

 Sometimes looking young can be rather embarrassing. Only the kids flirt with ya. People throw out the phrase "you look like you're 12" like it's not an insult (it totally feels like one so please refrain from ever using it). And I can't even get into rated-R movies without being carded twenty billion times. Ok, so maybe a little exaggeration there.
But, it's part of who I am and something I can't change no matter how much I try. 
So I just have to embrace it the best that I can.

Back to Disney...
The day was filled with walking, food, rides, photo shoots, more food, more walking, a bit of magic, and Micky Mouse treats. 
It was one to remember. 
To end it off, we had a photo shoot with one of the park photographers taking the photos. 
We laughed and posed and just had the best time. 

Side note - Disney photographs aren't free and apparently not cheap so I don't have any of them to show you without a watermark. Sad face. 

But, I have these posted here and most importantly I have the memories that captured the fun more than a photograph ever could.

I hope you have an amazing day and get yourself to Disney sometime.
In the meantime, have fun wherever you are, embrace yourself, and just love love love.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. People say I look young too, I honestly think it sucks lol I am skinny so it doesn't help either, I swear some 14 year old girls have a "curvier" body than me and look more "grown up" than I do! Ah, it sucks but it's whatever. I am learning to be okay with how my body looks. I love disney world so much. I have an annual pass and try to go at least once a month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh doesn't it feel like the worst sometimes? I'm short and tiny so I know what you mean girl. That's so cool! Disney's definitely a nice place to visit, especially with friends and family!

      Delete