bohemian valentine

by - February 15, 2016


(photo cred: Kelsey Erin O'Carroll)

White crop top & pink shrug: Charlotte Russe // Shoes: Madden Girl // Purse: Target // Maxi-skirt: (similar skirts linked here) // Belt: (similar belt here)


happy happy happy day!
Whether you celebrate Valentine's or single awareness (hollaaa) or not even anything at all, I hope you had a day full of love, because everyone needs love.
Today, or this entire week I should say, has been incredibly busy for me. Hence, the super late Valentine's Day post. But, it doesn't really matter that it's so late because this style can be used for anything, not just Valentine's! It's the perfect spring and summer outfit with just the right bohemian and classy combination going on. 
I've been doing this thing lately with turning dresses into skirts because I don't have enough skirts (need to shop), so that's actually one of my style secrets that comes in handy quite often. I mean, you basically get two pieces in one so win-win!

But anyways, back to love day. I had one of the best new experiences today, and although I was hesitant to write about it, I figured that I have to share.
So as a disclosure, I'm not writing this to brag or for any glory or anything like that. I'm writing it to hopefully inspire you to do the same!
I made a bunch of valentines to send to Meals on Wheels for the Do Something scholarship (seriously, check it out, they're always providing new scholarship opportunities that give you a chance to give back as well - super cool). But, knowing me, I didn't get the cards mailed off in time. So I decided to take it somewhere myself and ask them to distribute the cards to the elderly. 
 Buuuut, as fate would have it, the people at the assisted living home were all gathered around in the center room listening to music, and I was told that I could give the valentines out personally! 
It brought more love and joy to my heart than I ever thought possible.
I don't think there's really any way to describe how much it means to show people that they are loved by such a simple act. 

So if you feel called to do something today to pass on the love and positivity, please do it. 
It is so important that we start this movement of love.
We can make this world a better place just by loving people unconditionally, as our Savior loves us.
(This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. <3 1 John 3:16)

Being that, let's love as if the lives of others depends on it. 

`live a life of love`
Ephesians 5:2


You May Also Like

1 comments