extra! extra! read all about it! - favorite classic lipsticks

by - June 24, 2020


"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick." 


I'm loving these two lipsticks by Revlon from their new super lustrous collection! They make me feel so glam that I got all dressed up, taped newspapers to the wall, and set up the camera for a self-timer photo shoot (that turned out to be some of my 'most proud of' photos yet).

The red lipstick is the iconic cream in shade 440 'cherries in the snow' and the neutral one is the glass shine lipstick in 020 'nude illuminator' that I received complimentary from Influenster to try out! They are both so lightweight, and while the red lipstick is the most vibrant color, the nude lipstick is more subtle but so moisturizing that it can be used as a tinted lip balm! These are each added to my favorites for a classic lipstick - whether I'm going bold or more neutral.


I've been looking at this post for weeks now, trying to figure what I should write about. The photos are all laid out and it's ready to go. All that's missing are the words.

Every time I sit down to write I come up blank. There's a lot going on in the world, it makes my head spin and I have so much to say. But none of it comes out right.

So many conflicting views, half the people I love I can't even talk to. I want to be a light, but most of the time I'm afraid of being told that I'm not right. What has this world come to when you can't even distinguish between what's false and what's true?

There are all of these questions, expectations, things you should say and should stay away from. But one thing I have always wanted for this blog is to stay true and to use it to be a light. So that's what I will do.

Even when it's hard, even when people tell me I'm wrong, I will always strive to be honest and use this space as an outlet for real feelings that in hopes will let someone reading know that they're not alone.

One thing I have learned during this time is that it's okay to have a different views, different thoughts, different feelings, different understandings. We were all made as individuals to come together in our differences, not let them tear us apart. Life is hard enough as it is. So one thing that I stand for is unity and love. Because verse after verse in the Bible tells us to love one another. Over time I have realized that people just want to be heard. They want to know that someone out there is listening. So I will listen, I will love, and I will use any kind of influence that I've been given to share hope, love, and peace.

It's okay to feel what you're feeling as you walk through these tough days. Just know you're not alone. ♡

Finally, all of you, be like-minded,
be sympathetic, love one another,
be compassionate and humble.
1 Peter 3:8 

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this:
Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak
and slow to become angry.
James 1:19 

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
but only what is helpful for building others up
according to their needs,
that it may benefit those who listen.
Ephesians 4:29 

Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind,
live in peace.
And the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11 




Shop the look



You May Also Like

0 comments