the days i prayed for | life update post

by - June 02, 2022

 
photos taken by mia carlson photography 


the other day i couldn’t help but stop and think, “these are the days i’ve been praying for.”


I post a lot of highlights, so much that many people have told me it looks like I’m thriving. But as much as that’s how I want to remember life - as a happy blur - there are a lot of things I don’t post.

This year has brought more tears than the highlights I post on here. It’s broken me down and taken away what I didn’t think I’d have to live without. It has been harder than I imagined it to be, but through it I have grown stronger, brighter, more resilient and more myself than I was before it.

There were days I sat in tears with next to nothing to my name, asking God to provide in some kind of way. Days when I didn’t think my business could even work out. Days I wanted to quit because I didn’t know if what I was doing was worth it.

But I have watched God bring the days that I prayed for to life. Not only the financial provision and blessings in more ways than one, but progress in each of my careers, seeing how much more He has in store for me and how He’s using me for a greater purpose.

Not everything is all worked out or exactly as I want it to be yet, but I am making my way there as the days become brighter. I'm finding my way again. After a season of loss and heartache, of financial stress and lack of success. In those days I clung to my faith and kept praying, asking God to show me what He had for me in it. And sure enough, with a little bit of patience in the wait, He is bringing me through to better days. 

These photos were taken on a day that I spent adventuring and having fun, finishing with the most perfect sunset photoshoot, and I couldn’t believe not only was I getting paid for this, but this is the life I live.

the days that i prayed for.

keep praying. your days will too come. for those who have faith, whatever you ask in His name, you will receive.


and my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
philippians 4:19

and whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
matthew 21:22

therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘what shall we eat?’ or ‘what shall we drink?’ or ‘what shall we wear?’ for the gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
matthew 6:31-32




Shop the look



You May Also Like

0 comments