how to host a galentine's party/girl's night

by - February 13, 2018



Galentine's Day is here!!! Second to Christmas, this just might be my favorite holiday because it's all about celebrating your gals! In honor of this day, I wanted to put together a fun post on how to through a galentine's party - because who doesn't love a girl's night?!

This past Friday I threw a small get-together with a few of my closest friends that turned out to be so fun! Only thing better would be if all of my gal pals could get together at the same time. With this, I rounded up the best tips for throwing a party of your own!

First off, decorations are key to a cute party! Heart garland, flowers, and table confetti/center pieces are the best accessories. I didn't go all out like I normally would, just because it was only a few people and not a big party, but it's just festive and fun to have pretty decorations up!

Girl's night themed food and drink menu's are also a must. If you're having a brunch or people staying over to the next day, why not put together some heart shaped pancakes with all the fixin's - fruit, chocolate chips, maybe even some bacon?! So simple yet so good. For dinner, pizza is probably the most ideal option, because most everyone loves a nice pie. Make your own and shape it into a heart or order out - it's up to you! And don't forget dessert, the perfect way to top off the party. Anything from chocolate covered strawberries, red velvet cupcakes, brownies, ice cream....you name it!

Once the food is taken care of, you can move on to tasty drinks. Keep in mind, this doesn't have to mean alcoholic beverages! One super sweet, girly drink to make for you and your gals is this pink drink that I love. Start off with something bubbly - whether it's champagne or sparkling soda, the choice is yours. Add pink lemonade, pink sorbet (raspberry or strawberry flavor is ideal), and there you have it - a fluffy, sparkly, girl's night drink!

While food can be the center of the party, why not throw in some fun activities as well? I bought a couple of little games from Target, including a simple word scramble and a Chinese fold-up silly truth or dare/fortunes thing. The best part of that was actually trying to fold it correctly haha! If you're not too into games, don't worry, I'm not really either. Round up some of your all time favorite rom coms and you'll be sure to have a great night in! We watched He's Just Not That Into You during my girl's night and bonded over our lack of finding any good guys out there, haha.


I hope these tips help in planning your next girl's night or a galentine's party this coming weekend! Spending time with your girls is so beneficial, especially when they're good people that you can lift each other up and laugh with. I haven't always had the best luck with finding friends, but I've realized the difference between having a lot of friends and having a select few close ones. I know, it's cliche, but how true is it?! It doesn't take much to make a party - just a couple of friends that you love. I have recently been blessed with some good people in my life, people that I have been asking God for for a long time! While oftentimes I can withdraw and keep to myself, they always continue to have my back and be there when all I have to do is ask. Dependable, reliable friendships are just so important.

And if you're someone reading this thinking that maybe you don't have those kind of friends in your life right now, take your worries to the feet of Jesus. He will bring just the right people into your life at just the right time. Make sure to take some time to focus on your life and priorities, keeping His relationship highest and coming to terms with who you are as a person. It will all work out soon. Keep your hopes up. And know just how amazing you are! ♡





A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. 
Proverbs 17:17

And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 
Philippians 4:19






Shop the look

You May Also Like

0 comments