blushing for you - valentine's outfit series

by - February 06, 2018



As promised, here is another Valentine's inspired look - this one more Cali chic with blush tones! I'm trying not to space these out too much but to also leave time in between, so about a new outfit post every couple of days. Let me know in the comments if you prefer to see posts at a different time or this is good for you!

This slit sleeve wrap blouse is from Shop Mazzy and I absolutely cannot get enough of it - especially with Valentine's and the spring season just around the corner! It's still available in sizes small and large and can be ordered here under Baby Love Long Sleeve Bodysuit. Use my code KATLIN15 to get 15% off as well! Shopping with small boutiques like this is always such a great way to go, as it supports up and coming business owners and makes shopping a personal experience again! Oh, and did I mention that this top is already on sale, so you can get an extra discount with my code on top of that?! Seriously, what are you waiting for? The perfect vday - or galentine's day - top at a great price!



I shared on the last post with y'all about not being all that into Valentine's Day, for reasons which were explained in that post. But, I am so not opposed to going all out for Galentine's! A time to get together with your girlfriends and celebrate your friendship is a time well spent if ya ask me. Even if you don't have many of them, just round up whoever you love dearly and make a day or night or weekend of it.

Recently I've been weighed down by this longing for approval and acceptance from others. It's been difficult, going from Christmas time when I was with friends often and didn't have those questions of whether or not they actually liked me hanging over my head so much. But now that the holidays are over for the most part, I haven't been with friends as frequently, just doing my own thing with a career focus mainly. But I almost feel like with the change of attention and turning it to something other than people, I've sort of just withdrawn a bit. And now there's all these thoughts and questions going on in my head, like do they like me, am I too quiet, do people see me as something I'm not, am I portraying myself right, etc etc.

It's those thoughts that really get to me. Because even if I haven't done anything to make someone not like me, it's still so simple to fall into that trap of questioning if they do. I withdraw, and then others withdraw, and then it's just this whole back and forth thing that creates unstable friendships. All I really want is to be at peace with everyone and not have those questions lingering in the back of my mind. And I think that in order for that to happen, I really have to surrender those friendships, those thoughts all to God. Just let go if it and let it be. He's the only One that can put me at peace about these things. If it were all up to me, I'd be driving myself absolutely crazy at this point.

But it's not. And I am so thankful that I don't have to go through this life on my own, trying to take on every obstacle with my weak amount of strength. Truth is I can't do this on my own. I need others, and most importantly I need my Savior, my Creator, my Father to take things into His steady hands, to finally feel at peace about it all.

I can't make people like me. But I can come to see Jesus's love for me, an unconditional, everlasting love that I can't even begin to comprehend. Nobody else can love like that, and frankly, I don't need anyone else to love me like that. Of course I need people, and we all need love between each other. It's what creates bonds and relationships. But the greatest one to focus and rely on is His love. Because while others may fluctuate or bring confusion, His always remains the same. A stable, steadfast love that provides all that I need and more.

My hope is that you find that peace and that love too. All it takes is opening up your heart to it. ♡




Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1

But God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 
Romans 5:8





Shop the look


You May Also Like

0 comments