Fall Outfit - Hope In a Hard Season

by - October 10, 2019



Who else loves the start of the fall season?! One of my favorite parts, as you can probably guess, is the style! Fall outfits are so cozy and fun and chic all wrapped up into a bundle of warmth. While I love sweaters and ankle boots, the beginning of fall in Florida usually tends to call for a different dress code while we wait for the temps to drop (if they do).

Because the state hasn't quite gotten the memo for the season switch, I pulled together a fall outfit that was practical for the weather as well! A sleeveless blouse is the perfect wardrobe staple - you can seriously wear it so many different ways, with a skirt or pants for professional or even jeans or shorts for casual wear. This burnt orange color just says autumn to me! I loved pairing it with a trendy leopard skirt (this is actually a dress that I transformed into a pencil skirt) and pumps that feature a light leopard pattern too. Add a classic black structured tote bag and gold statement earrings and the look is complete!



What is your favorite style/trend to wear this fall season? Leave a comment!



I've needed to sit down and write for a little while now. It's like everything in me just piles up until I'm bursting at the seams with words that need to be let out.

This season of life is hard right now. I love October and fall and doing all the things, but with everything seemingly falling apart it makes it difficult to enjoy. And the toughest thing is that I can't even be completely open and honest about it because I don't know who all knows or who doesn't know and when everything's changing all at once I just want to write about it but I can't even do that.

I can say though that it seems like life is just kind of being uprooted from under my feet, standing on a ground that I once thought was solid. I've spent the past couple of days looking for jobs to make some money to take on the responsibilities that are suddenly thrown my way, because the business and the blog aren't making it yet. I'm so busy with things on my own to do list yet everyone thinks I have all the time in the world to do what they want without considering what I have going on. I'm trying my best to be a good person, friend, sister, daughter, and also be good to myself but it's hard. 

And now I'm sitting here, tear-stained face and hands because I watched an Instagram story of my favorite blogger talking about how happy she is and all of the good things she has going on and all I could think was when is it going to be my turn to be happy like that?

I know she deserves every bit of that happiness, but when someone else is on the mountain and I'm stuck in the valley it can be tough to hear about their good things when all I can see in life are the challenging.

When will it be my turn, to be happy?

To be running a successful blog and business of my own. To have the cutest, happiest little family. To be so excited for an upcoming trip and not worried about finances but able to have a good time.

Could I ever dream to live a life like that? I want to; I've always wanted to. I don't want to have to settle for the life that most everyone around me has resorted to. I want to believe in my goals and aspirations, even when people think that they're too far out of reach, even for me.

And I don't mean to put everything in such a harsh light. It's just tough when the light is hard to find. But I know it's still there, somewhere on the other side of all of this. 



If you're stuck in this season with me, with your business not working as well as you thought it would, family separating completely, unsure of how you're going to pay for life expenses, given a timeline until absolutely everything must change and figuring out what to do to be prepared... If you're stuck in a hard season, wondering when it will be your turn to be happy, my hope for the answer is "soon." My hope is that it won't stay this way much longer. That things will start to look up and one day you'll be happy too.


Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
Proverbs 12:25 

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10 

Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. 
Psalm 42:5 




Shop the look 

You May Also Like

0 comments