casual style / Memorial Day outfit ideas

by - May 24, 2019



Happy Friday!! I'm thinking of doing a blog post every Friday now, just to be consistent and make sure that I get a post up every week.

This weekend just so happens to be Memorial Day weekend, which I never really thought was a huge holiday, but it seems like everyone celebrates it as much as July 4th now! I was going through photos that I never posted and came across this shoot from February - literally do not know why I haven't posted it until now but also kind of happy that I saved it.

While at first glance this doesn't seem like the most festive style, I wanted to share some ways to turn it into the perfect Memorial Day outfit!

So first I like to use the white sweater and jeans as a base. You could even do light or medium wash blue jean to add that hint of blue to the red/white/blue look! But if you want to stick with more neutral tones like this, I would add red lipstick - because what better way to add red to a look than with lipstick? - and either a blue bralette, belt, or bag. Remember, a festive American outfit doesn't have to look tacky, and you can easily incorporate red, white, and blue with accessories for a chic, spirited look! Then for the shoes, I would trade out the neutral for a pair of white heels or ankle boots if the weather/occasion calls for it.

And voila, you have a neutral look turned Memorial Day festive!

More outfit styles that I love for Memorial Day/Independence Day are blue denim shorts, white t-shirt and sneakers, a white or blue denim jacket, and red lipstick. Or even a printed dress that has a white base and either blue or red pattern, then add a belt of the opposite color, denim jacket, and white or red shoes to create a chic outfit. This weekend I'm thinking of wearing a new blue flare sleeve dress that I recently ordered. It came in a bit on the large side, but I think if I add a white belt then it could work! I'll also wear it with white heels and red lipstick to pull the look together in a fun festive way. ☺


What are you thinking about wearing for Memorial Day weekend? Leave a comment on this post or over on Instagram! 




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Because I haven't posted in a minute, I wanted to share my heart real quick. So as I've written about before, I have had a struggle with work this year. I quit a new job after about a month of working with it, and the other company that I have been with for about a year and a half just notified last week that they are shutting down by the end of this month.

While it has been somewhat overwhelming at times thinking about not having a steady income or workload every week, I think this couldn't have come at a better time. God has been telling me for months now to not depend on these jobs. He's placed a career goal and vision in my heart and urged me to go after it. But stubborn me dragged my feet and kept holding on to my comfort zone jobs instead of going for what I knew He wanted me to do. So now it's kind of just affirmation, to go after this calling on my life, because with everything else ended, there's no better time but now.

So the past month and a half, I have been researching and putting everything together to start my own styling business while also working harder on growing the blog. These are my two big career passions, and I have true faith that God has worked everything together to make these things work. If it was any other time, I may not have pursued such an unknown career and lifestyle. But because God is so good, knows what's to come, and puts everything into place to make that happen, I can be safe in knowing that I am following His will for my life. And there's just this feeling inside of me that it's going to be way bigger than anything I could expect or ever dream of. And I can't wait. ♡

What is your big dream and calling that God has placed in your life? 




For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11 


In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. 
Proverbs 16:9 

You May Also Like

0 comments