keeping it natural - maple holistics silk shampoo

by - February 28, 2019




Ok, but first, before I say anything and get off track... just look at my hair!! Can you believe I didn't even straighten it?! Literally all I did was wash, let it air dry overnight like usual, and brush it the next day. And it turned out perfectly straight and smooth. Like, what?

Keeping up with your hair can be a tough thing, especially when its long like this. You want it one way but it goes the other, it doesn't stay in place, can frizz out or become flat.. you name it. But I'm learning now that it's all about the products you use that can make or break your love for your hair.

I've collaborated with Maple Holistics previously on the blog and absolutely love their brand. Not only are their products high quality, all natural, cruelty free and totally affordable, but they are the most genuine, kind people to work with! I appreciate everything they do for their customers and how they collaborate with people like me.

So, on to the product that made my hair look like this..

I tried out their new Silk18 Shampoo, meant to strengthen and protect hair for a smooth, soft finish. The moment I opened the bottle I immediately loved the scent, like a light vanilla that's not overpowering but just right. It doesn't take a whole lot of shampoo - as I quickly learned and probably should've read on the instructions first - just a quarter sized amount and that's it! That way it lasts way longer and your hair gets all the benefits it needs.

It also says in the description that it's sulfate and paraben-free! There's a blog article on their website that explains damaged hair and the best shampoo to use for it, if you'd like to learn more.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Because we're on the natural subject, I think it's something people often mistake about fashion and blogging. After scrolling through what seems like just 'highlight reels', others can be quick to make up their own thoughts about this kind of career - that it's all glam, no natural, fake, half-sided, and what have you. But that's why I, and so many others like myself, find the value in taking the time to write about the real things. I love being honest on here and speaking truth about a life of doing something I love but also opening up about it not always being at a high point. Because let's be real, more than half the time it can seem just plain tough!

It's important to always stay authentic and natural, though. If you're at a good spot and loving what you do, there's no shame in that at all! And if you're not in such a great point of life right now, keep your head up, and be happy for those you think may be having it better, instead of feeling jealous or mocking them for what they have. Your good times will come to you too, and if you really go after what you love, following after God's will for your life and keeping up faith, then you can get to the same place of peace and happiness in your life.

At either end of the spectrum, just stay true and kind. Be there for yourself and be there for others. If you find yourself stuck on on the sidelines for now, cheer on those who are out there running their race. They'll be there for you when you start to run too.



I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
Psalm 139:14


So cheer each other up with the hope you have. Build each other up. In fact, that's what you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11


You May Also Like

0 comments