wrap up the sparkles

by - December 19, 2016



Bracelet: Boho Betty // Top: Lauren Conrad  // Pants: H&M // Shoes: JustFab 
Wrapping & more: Sugar Paper at Target



Can you believe that Christmas is literally right around the corner?!
I'm wrapping presents as we speak and crunching numbers to figure out how to best afford the last of the gifts to buy. It's a major stress-relief that most of the best sales happen around this time of year. Where would I be as a broke college student, without the variety of the sale sections to choose from for gift giving? Probably back to my childhood days, giving hand-written poems or painted rocks to people.

A company that I have recently begun collaborating with is Boho Betty. I absolutely adore this brand. It offers numerous jewelry styles, with emphasis on bracelets, that match any personality. The prices are already affordable, and the sales just make it that much better! I picked out this Candy Floss Quad Wrap Bracelet for myself - hey, who says you can't treat yourself to early Christmas gifts? As soon as it arrived, I knew this was perfect for my style. The pale pink matches anything in my wardrobe, because let's face it, I have a slight obsession with the color. And, the sparkles are enough to make any girl happy. Who doesn't like to look down at their arm and admire shimmery accessories?

I've been thinking quite a bit lately about presents, and one thing that I have come to the conclusion of is that gifts are a reflection of what you think about another person. Many people either go with standard gifts or pick something up from the supermarket at last minute. But, for the true gift-giver, it's about more than just having something to give to someone so that you don't look like a scrooge or to brag on how much money you spent on their present. It's about how you can show someone through a gift what they mean to you. It's also giving thanks to that person for staying in your life and all that they've done for you. You often can't repay people in life, but you can share gifts in effort to express gratitude towards that person. This is the reason that I love giving gifts around Christmas more than I like receiving them. To know that I can show someone how much I care, or at least try to, is reason itself for why I put in the effort. Not only this, but gift giving is a reflection of Jesus Christ. The Wise Men came and extended gifts to our Lord as a child. Jesus then went on to give us the greatest gift of all, one that we could never pay back. But we don't have to. So that's why exchanging presents shouldn't be a competition and you shouldn't expect a gift in return for the one that you gave. Jesus willingly laid down his life for us, so that we may live. He wasn't trying to overshadow someone else's sacrifice. And He didn't expect for us to pay Him back. All that He hoped for is that when we hear of what He did for us and the message that He is still alive, we will lay down our past selves and become alive in Him. The history behind Christmas is so intricate, yet beautifully simple.
This Christmas, and even beyond the day, extending into the coming years, I want to choose to treat gift giving and life itself as something more. I want to always remember the amazing example that we are following after.


As a gift to you, you can use my code AHAPPYBLUR at checkout over on Boho Betty with my referral link for 20% off your purchase. This jewelry is good for any occasion and makes a fabulous gift for those in your life. With so many styles to choose from, you can show people what they represent to you with something as simple as a bracelet.





Similar Sweater

Billabong
SheIn
Forever 21




Similar Shoes



DSW
Aldo
Lulus








You May Also Like

0 comments