faith stronger than marble

by - November 15, 2016



Top: Forever 21 // Jeans: Hollister // Shoes: Charlotte Russe // Bag: Moda Luxe



This phone case is still giving me heart eyes, and I've had it for weeks!
I've had my eye on the marble style for quite some time, so when I received this from Case Taboo, I knew it was the one for me. You'd think I was swooning over a man or whatnot by the way I talk about this phone case. It's just so pretty.

Moving on from the case, this top is one of my favorites for when I'm in need of something that makes a subtle statement. Just look at those sleeves! I paired it with high waist, semi-distressed black jeans and nude pumps for a more put-together look. It can also be styled with a faux suede/leather skirt, shorts, or jeans and flats for a laid back style. I couldn't find the exact top online, so I listed similar below. The long sleeves make it great for fall/winter transitioning, and it looks like pale pink is sticking around as a crowd favorite - definitely my fav color.

As the days grow darker and the year comes to its end, I find myself increasingly thinking about what really matters in life. With this election tearing everyone apart, it is even more-so important to hold on to the significance of life and let go of the things that just pass with time. We need each other. We need unity and healthy relationships that thrive off of respect and love despite differing opinions.
It's doleful to think that people would allow years worth of friendships to crumble over a difference in belief. Can't we just love one another and move past our differences?

It can be tough to prioritize things in life. From school to work to internships to social life, we need to make our way to where we want to be, all the while ensuring that we don't lose touch with others. They say your twenties are your "selfish years," but I don't believe that any time of life should be lived selfishly. Yes, do whatever you can in an ethical, respectable way to reach your goals. But don't forget that there are other people doing the same thing you are. And the best way to climb to the top is to lend a hand and help someone else up too.

I strive to live a life of honest, unconditional love, looking to my God as the greatest example. But I can admit that I'm human, and I have my times when I come across as unlovable. My tendencies to be reserved and not get too close to people are often hindrances in my mission of love. I learn that people see me as the opposite of what I want to convey.
And finding this, that I'm not doing a well enough job with what's been placed on my heart, can either be a setback or a flame to spark an even brighter determination.

"Above all, love each other deeply..." 1 Peter 4:8

Sometimes love is a challenge when our faith is under construction. Our previous selves have been demolished, and we're just getting accustomed to the newness of it all. And sometimes things happen that can make faith a difficult concept to grasp. You don't understand why you can't find the job, the thing that you're supposed to do for the rest of your life. You question whether there really is a person out there for you or if you'll just end up alone. Friends drop like flies. People utter hurtful, disagreeable words. Everything feels like chaos, until the moment you can't find enough things to occupy the empty space.
Just the other day, I was in the midst of a weather-change cold. I couldn't breathe through my nose. My throat ached. I felt weak and miserable. And I questioned if this would ever end. Will I be sick forever? Will I ever be able to breathe normally again? Or will I have to spend the rest of my life feeling this way?
And I think that many of us have thought those same words throughout a time when the current situation caused the outlook on the duration of life to not look so pleasant. During these times, a shield is placed in front of us, blocking our view of what we have and what's ahead. All that we see is the opposition, the limitation, the complication. And we forget that it's only temporary. What really matters is that we allow this to not exhaust our faith but to lift it up as we press on and move forward.

We must make great effort to achieve a faith and a love that is stronger and more durable even than marble.


When I look at my phone case, I am reminded of this.  Order one for yourself here <3





Similar Top

Forever 21
Tobi
A'Gaci




Similar Shoes
GUESS
BCBGeneration
Forever 21








You May Also Like

0 comments