touristy in tennessee

by - May 12, 2016



Top: Bethany Mota Romper - Aeropostale (similar below) // White under-top: Charlotte Russe // White High Waisted Jeans: Charlotte Russe // Shoes: American Eagle (similar below) // Bag: Target



Last week I drove up to Kentucky with my dad and sister. All the way from Florida. In one day.
I drank too much coffee and felt delirious by the time we arrived.
But, it was nice to see a new place, and I love road trips - despite how much of a toll they take on me.
We stayed in Tennessee for a few days on our way back, to visit the sights of Nashville and go to the Renaissance Festival at the Gwynn Castle (I'll do a separate post on that!).
It was a good visit, and I just had to post about the look I put together for a day full of sight-seeing like the tourist I am.
***Most of the clothing items linked are on sale now, so make sure to check it out!***

The last time I went to Nashville was about two years ago on a college road trip. I had just graduated high school and trying to figure out what to do next. Little did I know that two years later I'd still be looking for the answer to that same question.
Every college I visited left me feeling like that wasn't the place for me. And so, that's why I took a year off and then started school part-time at a local college last year.
But here I am now, on summer break just trying to figure it out.
I had summer plans to travel abroad, but the shortage of money and time got in the way.
So instead, I'm stuck here looking for something productive to do.
And that's just how I feel.
Stuck.
It's not like I haven't been searching, because trust me I have. But every door I knock on, it cracks open slightly just to be closed again. And I have about a nightly break-down just because I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm begging God to just show me, to guide me somewhere. But for some reason He's keeping me here, in the same place that I have been.
And the more I think about it, many people are or have been in this place.
The place of the unknown.
And it's easy to start thinking that God isn't here. That He just up and left me. Like my problems are so minuscule and insignificant compared to others, that He didn't feel the need to help me through them. It's easy to confuse His silence with leaving. And maybe it's because as humans, we're so used to others leaving, especially in difficult times.
It's easy to feel alone in this. As though everyone else is all figuring it out so well. And I'm the only one who's stuck.
But He has a purpose for where I'm at. Whether I see it or not, there's a reason for why I'm still here and not going abroad or doing something different.
This is the time when I need to rely on God the most. Being held at a standstill feels almost as bad as the most grueling times of life. Because there's nothing I can do about it. I can only trust that God knows what He's doing through all of this.
Something that we've most likely all wondered to ourselves is "how is this God's plan for me? I don't understand."
My little heart is begging to leave this place, but He's keeping me here. And this is a time when trust is one of the hardest things to do. Because, what I want conflicts with God's plan.
Some of you may be in the same spot. Stuck.
And I just want to tell you that I know how hard it can be, the ridicule you get from others, the confliction going on in your own mind. I know how it feels like you're alone in this.
But you're not. Does anyone really have a clue as to what they're doing? My guess is no. Some are just really good at covering it up.
We'll get through it. Right now it's just a matter of time and trust.

Sorry about the long venting-type post. It's just something that's been consuming my mind lately.
But I hope you all have some fun plans for the summer - share with me, so I can have ideas of what to do with mine!
And thank you for all of the support thus far, on here & Instagram! I really am enjoying having this outlet and connecting with other bloggers. Hope you lovelies have an amazing rest of your week!




Similar Top (romper)

 
Charlotte Russe
Target
Oasap
















Similar Shoes:



American Eagle
Christian Siriano



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Traveling is seriously the best. That's all that has been on my mind lately. I am planning trip after trip I feel. I love all the pictures you shared. What a wonderful trip with some family.

    www.naturallyfarout.com
    -Kierra

    ReplyDelete