another year wrapped - 2018

by - December 31, 2018





How has another year already gone by?! It feels like it has been one of the longest and shortest years all in one. Looking back, I see so much good that has come of it, along with some of the hardest times that I have had the opportunities to grow through.

Honestly, I don't even know where to start. When the year began, I was loving being a blogger, but I wanted more. So I searched and finally in February found a job where I could work from home as a personal stylist. It must be true what they say about time flying by when you're doing what you love, because it really doesn't feel like it's been almost a year since starting my journey as a stylist. Every day is something new and different, and every day I have the chance to help and uplift others, which is exactly what I've always wanted to do.

But to say that I have had the most motivated productive year wouldn't really be the truth. After all, things tend to get in the way. This year I made people a rather large priority in my life. Which isn't the worst thing but can sometimes stand between putting in the time to go after my own goals. I love the people in my life and spending time with them, especially when working alone at home can have its lonely times. But this next year I want my focus to be more motivated to really living out this life that God has laid out in front of me.

This next year, while it may sound strange to say, I do want to work more, build experience, and make my way to a business of my own. Along with that, I want to put more effort into this blog that I've really slacked on the past year. My intention is to not just grow it but to create better content that shows who I am as a stylist and post it in a timely manner to prove to myself that I can stay on top of things.

I've learned a lot over the past 365 days. People came and went, no matter what I did, with nothing I could say to make them stay. And I've had to face the fact that those people aren't meant for me, and there's nothing I can do but let them go. It's the total opposite of my nature - I wish I could keep everyone around forever. I wish things could always stay the same, just as they are. But it's not the way of life. Things change, people change - or at least they change their minds - and there's nothing I can do to stop it.



My version of 'normal' has altered so many times I don't even know what to think of as an average way of life anymore. This year has been all about adjusting to the changes, staying content in who I am and where God has me, and believing that no matter what comes, things will be okay.

With all of the emotions that have coursed through me over the year, there's one thing that has stood true, ringing out for each and every day. And that is while situations and people may be unpredictable and let me down, Jesus never has and He never will. Because even though He nudges me the whole time not to fall into what may cause hurt, He still stays to the end and picks up the pieces, reminding me that while other things will fail, He always remains. And that is the very reason for which I place my trust in Him.

This next year I want to move forward in His will for my life, giving Him the reign to speak truth over every area of it. No more will I allow myself or other things to keep me from going towards what it is I really want out of life. This is a year full of change, and while it may be hard, I will stay firm, keep moving, and finally get somewhere. That is what I want for 2019. What about you?



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
Jeremiah 29:11 

May the God of hope fill you will all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 
Romans 15:13

...

You May Also Like

0 comments