St. Pete Fashion Week/Girls Weekend Trip

by - October 19, 2018




It's been about a month but this post is finally going up! If you follow along on Instagram, Facebook, Snap...whatever other social media outlets I post on, then you have probably seen something about this girls weekend trip to St. Pete last month for my birthday and for the fashion show. I still can't get over how great of a trip it was, just a fun time to spend with some of the best friends and take pictures and enjoy fashion together! So looking forward to more trips and good times with these girls. ♡


I styled these outfits weeks ahead of time, mostly by thinking about the itinerary I had planned and gathering ideas of what would work for each event. For the brunch, I knew I wanted something lace but couldn't find the dress style that I had wanted. So instead, when I grabbed this lace top I thought it would be perfect with a chic skirt and bandeau set, paired with neutral and gold accessories.

For the fashion show look, I had previously already ordered a dress that was on sale and perfect for fall, and when I got it in I was trying it on and figured it would make a stylish statement top as well! All I did was gather the bottom flowy skirt of the dress and tie it into a sash at the waist. (If you're not up for that, no worries! I added some similar tops below in 'shop the looks') I knew that I had wanted to pair it with neutral flare pants and when Boohoo had one of their 60% off sales I grabbed one for such a score! I added the same pair and a similar one below for y'all to shop - it's honestly the perfect statement pant. And again, the gold accessories stayed on allll weekend, couldn't get enough of the layered coin necklace trend!

On our final day, we walked around St. Pete, browsing coffee shops, boutique stores, and taking photos by the murals. I just threw on this fit and flare dress for the outing, as it was way too hot out to wear anything else! And we all put on our heels that day even though our feet hurt from the day before lol. It was the best trip, and I'm sorry to just now be getting around to posting about it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that the "life gets busy" excuse gets old, and honestly I'm tired of hearing it from myself too. Truth is, it's not always the staying busy that causes things to be put off. It's this cloud that I walk through almost daily, making it hard to think clearly or do anything besides work, which, even that's difficult to get to most of the time.

Things come up that are often out of my control, and as a result I'm stuck focusing so much on what's going on around me that I just completely dismiss what's in front of me. Seriously, you should see the amount of emails I've yet to get to and the ever-growing memory space on everything I own that desperately needs clearing out. Not to mention an online course I've been putting off for entirely too long with a deadline now close in sight.

When something knocks me off my feet, it takes a little while to stand back up again and even after that to start thinking clearly enough to do any good at what I've been needing to get to. I live for the days when I wake up and it feels as though the cloud I've been walking through has lifted, the days when I feel normal and more like myself again.


It's not something commonly talked about, but I think that others feel the weight of the cloud too on most days. Even when you have the motivation, it can prove difficult to do anything with it when your head just isn't thinking straight. I get that it's hard living in the fog. And I think that there are some things we can do in the meantime to try to push through it.

For one, getting enough sleep, eating right, and exercising to get the blood flowing is so important to this. I am not at all one who can brag about living a healthy lifestyle physically. And that probably most definitely plays a large part in why my head is always in a cloud. So I am right there with ya on treating myself better. If you're in the same place, we are working on this together!

Our mindsets and how we prioritize things also has the potential to affect the state that our heads are in. I've noticed that when I start out my days with God first, getting in the Word and just giving all my worries for the day to Him, that things seem to run so much smoother than they do otherwise. My mind feels refreshed and able to take on whatever is set before or around me. When the right things come first and our mindsets are clear, everything else seems to fall into place.

If you're in this spot too, you don't have to go it alone. My messages and comments are always open so we can get through it together. And when I or a friend or anyone else isn't around, just start talking and praying and you'll begin to feel that you're not alone in this after all. ♡



Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1 


great short read on this topic!

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10




Shop the looks




You May Also Like

0 comments