the first {outfit} of fall

by - September 27, 2018


I know this is probably the most basic start to a blog post, like ever, but I just have to say... fall has officially arrived and I am here. for. it. With the styling job, we have all been preparing for this season for at least two months now. I've already begun pulling out the fall sweaters and wardrobe pieces tucked in the back of my clothes from last year, and the only outfits going through my head right now are fall themed. So for the new season to finally be here - praying it will bring cooler weather with it - is a sigh of joy.

Featured in this post are jewelry pieces from Civion, a brand that I've teamed up with for collaboration! The silver line earrings and the long gold necklace are simple, dainty fall staples that will surely be on repeat throughout the season. Take a look at the online store and use my code KATLIN25 for whatever you have your eye on!





While I have said in previous posts that I would be more open and vulnerable, I once again began to stray from that. I thought that if I could make this blog look more professional, put myself together in a way that looks on the outside like I have it all together, then that would be enough. But the truth is, it's not. And the real, honest truth is that I don't have it together. Not even close.

I put my makeup on, plan my outfits strategically - and don't get me wrong, I love styling so much and am entirely grateful to do what I am passionate about. But it does get tiring trying to keep up this image of perfection, when really on the inside I'm having the hardest time and am farthest from perfect as I could possibly be.

There's been a battle of spiritual warfare going on inside of me for a while now. Every day I fight the lies going through my mind, especially these top three that really get to me: I'm not good enough; nobody likes me; there's something majorly wrong with me that everyone can see.

These are things that break me down on the daily, and it's hard not to believe them. Honestly, I am a more reserved, quiet person by nature. I don't tend to open up quickly or easily. I've always been pretty wary of people. Especially now that I've been hurt by people.

And so for that, people often get it confused with thinking I'm pretentious, prude, unlikeable, and more things that I don't really wish to expound on. When I think about what others think about me, it's like twisting the sword that's already in my heart. I know that I shouldn't care so much but I do. I really do.

I want so badly for people to think the best of me, that when I realize they don't, it takes a toll that lasts for days, weeks, months, even years.

While there is an abundance of good people who genuinely care in my life, it only takes that one or two or three people that think otherwise to really cut me down.

I think it's that way for a lot of you too. We can have so much love in our lives, but the moment that someone else is hurtful, it takes so much time to build back up to the point of feeling okay.


So I propose that today we strive even harder than we did yesterday...to be kind, vulnerable, to share love, be understanding, really try to see where the other person is coming from, look past the mask that we all have put on at some point, to put away the judgement that can come all too easily, and to care for others and show them that they are loved exactly as they are.

We are beautifully and wonderfully made by God. And I think it hurts Him so much to see the pain that we cause each other here on earth by not accepting one another as He made us to be.

I'll wrap this up, because I've already cried through the entire time writing this. But this is just something very close to my heart. Jesus came to this earth, to love, to forgive, to heal, and to make a way for us to go to a place with no more pain, no more judgement, no more heart ache, but to go and be with Him, the true source of love and kindness, for all of our days. My intention is not to walk this earth in harsh judgement, but to walk in love, in His love, and do my best with Jesus working through me to show others that they are worthy and that there's nothing wrong with them that can't be healed by our almighty Savior.

I think it's time that we put aside the lies and the people feeding us the things that make us feel the worst, and focus on the good, putting our worth and our whole selves in His truth, in His love, and in His kindness.
Let's strive to share His goodness in every part of our lives. ♡




I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 
Psalm 139:14

Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 
1 Peter 3:4

Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.
1 Peter 3:8




Shop the look

You May Also Like

0 comments