how-to blonde balayage

by - June 12, 2017



As promised, here's more beauty content! I have received quite a few comments about my hair, so I thought I'd show you all how I do the color at home - because unless you have money to go to the salon, this is the best option. It's quick, simple, and easy. Oh and it lasts for months!
*By the way - this post is not sponsored. I just enjoy the products/doing my own hair and wanted to share! 



Both of these boxes can be found for around $8 each at Publix or Walmart or even online if you don't feel like going out and searching for them. I first did the darker color all over (my hair is naturally blonde so I wanted to go a little darker for the balayage to show up, although it ended up looking lighter than I expected!). It's best to wait at least a day - but better if more - to go back over with the lighter color. The less time that passes between dyes, the less healthy your hair will look. So bare with the darker all-over color for a few days and then you can get to the fun part!


The video below shows how I went through with the light blonde color to get that balayage highlight look. I split the hair in half, applying color to the bottom portion first. It's easiest to split the hair into small bundles of strands, leaving space between each of them and going back in with the hair dye to saturate each one thoroughly. Then release the top of the hair and do the same thing!
I'm not sure if pulling the hair up into a bun makes too much of a difference, but I did it so that the dye wouldn't get everywhere as I waited the 25 minutes for it to set. Once waiting time is up, wash it out and use the conditioner that comes in the box.


You can either blow-dry your hair to see the results right away, or if you're like me you can just sleep on it damp, waking up to effortlessly pretty blonde hair in the morning!



I'd love to see your hair results if you try the blonde balayage at home too. Leave a comment or message me on any of my socials (@ahappyblur on everything)!




You May Also Like

0 comments