north carolina travel

by - March 16, 2022










After a week away, tucked in the mountains of North Carolina, I returned home feeling a range of things - most notably refreshed from being able to get away from normal life and the worries that come with it but also ready to jump back in stronger than before. There were good times and there were challenges, but overall it was a much needed trip. 

We stayed in Lake Lure, NC, which looked like a hot summer and fall destination as a majority of things were closed for the season. There was a small beach area with ice cream shops around that would be so fun to return to in the summer! But what I was most excited to see were all of the apple orchards that I definitely want to plan a trip back for in the fall. I've never been apple picking, so that is high on the bucket list especially now knowing where to go for that! 

Quite a bit of time was spent in Chimney Rock and Hendersonville, NC, as those towns offered different things to do like hiking trails, small shops, and breweries/wineries. 
The places we went to are as listed here!

Vineyards: 
- Point Lookout Vineyards 
- Saint Paul Mountain Vineyards
- Burntshirt Vineyards 
- Stone Ashe Vineyards 








Breweries/Cideries: 
- Bold Rock Cider
- Botanist & Barrel Tasting Bar
- Sierra Nevada Brewery 
- Noble Cider









Scenic Locations: 
- Point Lookout Vineyards
- Lake Lure Flowering Bridge 
- Downtown Asheville 
- Chimney Rock Hiking Trails 
- Hickory Nut Falls (located in Chimney Rock) 













We also drove to the city of Asheville a couple of times, which was one of my favorite parts. It's only about an hour drive from Lake Lure. Some of it was inspired by NYC, which I thought was so cool and made for the best street style aesthetic! From its own flat iron building and streets named after wall street and battery park, to a 'times' building, it had that classic city vibe but with a smaller feel. 









Getting back from the trip, I thought I'd be ready for normal life again. But adjusting to being alone after being around people for a week straight was tough. I'm naturally an introvert and normally love my alone time, but when battling emotions, especially since getting used to being with someone else most of the time, waking up and being alone throughout the majority of the day is just hard. 

I keep telling myself that with time it'll get easier and I'll feel more like myself again. At least that's what they say. Because it has to, right? 

But until then, with each day I'm just doing the best I can. Things are starting to look up, and I feel more hope as time goes on. I'm finding my routine and doing what's best for me as God works through my life in ways that only He can - it's incredible to see His hand in everything so clearly. I know He has big things waiting for me; it's only a matter of time before it all comes to pass. ♡











The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8


He refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for His name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
Psalms 23:3-4


The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you."
Psalms 32:8

You May Also Like

0 comments