summertime in the mountains

by - August 14, 2018




Back to the outfit posts! I've taken a step back from the blog for a bit this summer - traveling, work, and trying to keep up with a social life has made for quite the fast-paced summer. But I'm refreshed and looking forward to getting back in the swing of things.

The striped set that I'm wearing here is from Chickaberry Boutique, an online shop based in Australia - but don't worry, they ship internationally! This boutique has the most stylish selection of clothing to vamp up your summer wardrobe. Everything is on my wish list, from jumpsuits to swimwear to trendy sunglasses.

Look around the shop, and if you have your eye on anything, use my code KATLINTARA15 for 15% off storewide! 



The trip to the mountains in the middle of summer could not have been better planned. I didn't know how much I needed a break from the heat until we were up there, staying in a cabin that had no air conditioning but no need for it. The 60/70 degree temps called for wearing a jacket or long sleeve most of the time - which, if you know me, you know I love a good layered outfit.

Everything, from taking a break for the trip to personal life things, has begun to re-open the doors to writing again. I had been so focused on work and people and keeping up with what looked like a perfect life on the outside, that now I see how I blocked off feeling any real emotions or rather dismissed whatever came up in attempt to not have to feel it. And because I haven't been really taking control of emotions or situations, there were no words inside of me waiting to be released into something meaningful enough to write.

But now that I've taken some time to reflect and in a way hit a low in life/relationships, it has led to learning the hard lessons that I needed to go through. And it has unlocked the part of myself that has been pent up for a while, allowing for words to spill from the pit in my stomach, articulating things differently because it's real and it's raw and that's just how I want it to be. It may not always look perfect. My sentences might run into each other, but it's just the way that my thoughts are moving. And I can't slow down to worry about making my writing look pristine or else I might lose what is pressing on my mind in the moment.

So bear with me as I string together the real pieces of what's circulating in my head and write it out as genuine as I can in the posts to come. If you go back and read posts from the beginning, about two years ago, you can see how I used to write what was pressing on my heart at the time. And now I'm just hoping to get back to that. I've come full circle it seems, getting back to the heart of things, right where I started with this blog. ♡


life verse: 
God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
Hebrews 11:40



You May Also Like

0 comments