fall look | maybelline matte metallics

by - November 06, 2017


*I received these Maybelline Matte Metallics products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes!*

Kicking off November with this perfect-for-fall look that you can even get away with wearing to your Thanksgiving get-together and be the best dressed person there! This look wouldn't be complete without Maybelline's Matte Metallics lipstick that just has fall written all over it. In these photos, I was wearing 970 Molten Bronze, which gives off a shimmery dark brown look. The other shade that came in the box is 978 Smoked Silver, which actually has more of a purple tone to it - I'm saving it for some winter looks!

These lipsticks glide on effortlessly, have a heavenly scent, and provide easy application/removal. Unlike other lipsticks that can't be reapplied without looking caked on, these have the capability for re-application throughout the day as they don't stick too heavily to the lips. 

I took these photos a couple weeks ago, and flipping back through them I'm realizing that I was actually wearing a band-aid - on my face - during that shoot. Can't even tell, right?! Pretty much that entire time of having to wear a bandaid - I explained it on an Insta post previously - I just felt insecure about the whole thing and not myself at all. It's funny how something so little can make you feel that way. Just imagine what the big things must do. I couldn't help but think that I could never get a nose job because I wouldn't be able to leave my house or take photos. Not that I wanted one anyways haha!

But still, despite the fact that our appearances are ever-changing, we grow so accustomed to the norm that anything slightly different can throw us all off. Maybe I just think too much and am overly affected by the little things. I'm not sure what it is, but I can just say that I'm happy to feel like myself again. There may be a little scar in the bandaid's place, but it's proof that I've lived and that I am healthy and better.

Something that I always strive to be is real. With this blog and in day to day life, that is my main goal. I am not perfect, no matter how much I like to look my best. There will always be a flaw within my appearance as well as my personality and actions. But that just means I'm human. And I would much rather be honest and open about those kind of things than try to cover it up by being someone I'm not, you know?

So let's quit with the fake, with trying to be liked instead of trying to be real. Let us not be afraid to show others our hearts, with "good conscience and sincere faith."





Shop the look







The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 
1 Timothy 1:5

You May Also Like

0 comments