read my lips - street style look

by - March 06, 2018




Hold your hats, because I have some good news! A new online apparel/accessories shop has opened up and I can't wait to share it with you. With cute ball caps at only $15, what's not to be excited about?! Powerline Apparel was started by good people who deserve the world. (One of them being my brother, so these statements couldn't be more true!) Their motivation in this shop is to help you stand out above the crowd. And with a hat like this, that's hard not to do! So go ahead and order your favorite "dad hat" that will be totally unique & one of a kind, as I believe there's just one of each available. Once you have one of these, you'll be destined to stand out!


┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈


With that said... I've been going back and forth lately between being real/true to myself or being a happier, more upbeat version of me that I once was. As I've grown up, I have realized how serious I've become, not laughing nearly as much as I used to and just overthinking anything and everything. For one thing, I don't ever want to be fake. I want to always be honest and open. But on the other hand, I often think that maybe people would like me better if I was happier, preppier, or whatever you may call it. Maybe it would help me to succeed more in my career field and relationship building.

I'm not sure. And I'm probably not explaining my thoughts well enough. But it's just been on my mind recently. Just a few months ago I was that happier version of myself, content with where I was and how things were going. But seasons change as well as people. One month it's going great, and the next it's all different.

Change is an ever-present thing that has been almost haunting my mind these days. Despite how I try to hold on to how things are and keep them the same, change is the inevitable. At the end of the day, I don't really have any say over how I want people and circumstances to remain. All I can do is adjust myself to what may come.

That isn't written lightly, because I do fear the surprises that may be thrown at me. I'm not sure what to expect within the next couple of years, let alone the next month. People change, jobs change, you lose some, you gain some. And it's hard to really prepare yourself for what could happen.

All I know is that I'm taking it one day at a time. And during this season, I am reminded daily to keep my faith and trust in God. Because He's the only One who keeps things steady when it all just feels shifty and out of place. He knows what lies ahead even when I can't see anything. And in that I can remain calm and firm in faith. When all else changes, He stays the same. ♡




Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever. 
Hebrews 13:8


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 
Joshua 1:9





Shop the look


You May Also Like

0 comments