New York Day 3 Recap

by - October 07, 2017



And finally, the last day of the trip! By this day, I didn't want to leave. I had finally become accustomed to the way of New York, how to get around on the subway, the sights and sounds. Everything became beautiful instead of just dirty and loud. I could see why people fall in love with the city and never want to leave.
Already, I started planning a trip to go back.

This day we went to Soho. I've only ever heard good things about this part of the city. It's basically where most of the fashion is and just a nicer area in general. We went to Laduree to pick up a couple of pastries, then walked down the street to find chicken and rice, stopping to pick up some last minute souvenirs.

Almost anywhere we went, there was a park in walking distance. So once we picked up some chicken and rice on the side of the street, we made our way to a little park and enjoyed our last little bit of time in the city.

This is what I want to remember New York City as. Not for the hustle and bustle, but for the serene moments of pure beauty. A place where you can take a photo and it looks ten times better than it would have anywhere else. An area where you can wear anything and no one will even give you a second glance. Back home I have a hard time even wearing heels without people questioning me. But here, I could throw on whatever fancy clothes I wanted - although for days of walking I had no choice but to opt for flats - and no one would say a word.

The remainder of the day consisted of finding our way to the airport and terminal - a major fiasco that took time and a lot of transportation changes. Who knew that even LaGuardia airport is so huge?! You can't just walk to a different terminal; instead you have to take the shuttle everywhere. But we finally found our gate - it was such a blessing that our flight was delayed, haha! Then after a short flight, we were back home. Well, actually in Orlando with a two hour drive back in which I had to drive at least half of even though I was completely worn out. But, we arrived back home, and I have been sleeping since. Even weeks later and my sleep and day schedules have never been as good as they were in New York!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss New York, but after visiting, I have found that it's not the place I want to be. I always thought I wanted to live there for at least a few months. It was where I would launch my career. It was where I thought my heart was. But being there, I found that it's not actually.

See, I don't know where life is taking me now. I don't know where God wants me to go or what exactly He wants me to do. All I know is that right now I have a home and a life here in Tampa. It may feel like a standstill at times, but it's where my family is and where I'm getting involved and trying to make friends. This is where God has planted me for the time being. And until He moves me and calls me elsewhere, I just have to stick with it and make the most of it - no matter how cheesy that may sound.

We often make our own plans without any insight into what's really best for us. But sometimes God shows us some of what life would be like if what we had planned worked out, and it makes us think twice. Our plans have no match to what God has in mind. I can always trust that He knows what's best for me, even when I am kicking and crying that I want out, that I need a way to make money, or that I'm tired of this place. Maybe I just haven't grown enough yet. Maybe I'm not ready to take on a new place or a new job. Maybe He wants me to work hard and focus on what I already have - the blog, family, personal styling, the internships, church, friends. Maybe I have everything I need right now, and He will give me more when the time comes that He knows I am ready.

But for now, all thanks and praise to the One who knows. ♡





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11





Shop the look

You May Also Like

0 comments