{moments}

by - August 24, 2016


Top: Merona (at Target) // Pink Pants: H&M // Shoes: Charles Albert (at DSW) // Hat: Target



A couple of weeks ago, I wandered the campus of the University of Tampa as my friend snapped photographs (photo credits to Laura Stewart). It's such a dreamy place that it can be easy to forget you're at school and not a castle in a fairy tale book. Oftentimes things like this make it so we can quickly become caught up in what's around us, which is good for the time being.
But, then there's the moment after.
The moment when it's just you and your thoughts, and it all kind of just hits you at once.


I know I write a lot about feeling lost, directionless. But the longer I am stuck at this crossroad, I find that it’s more than that. It’s not just the feeling of uncertainty, it’s the inadequacy. Like my life doesn’t hold any real value anymore. Not only am I stuck but I am not doing anything of particular significance, nothing worthwhile.
So why would I be here, in the same place that I have been for the past six years when it was only supposed to be a “short while,” when I’m still doing the same old thing – and none of it providing any good for me or for others?
I wish I could tell you that one day the answers appear to be magically clear. That there will be this flashing neon sign pointing you to where you need to go and God will tell you in full detail exactly why you have been stuck out here for all of this time. But from what I have found, God doesn’t often work like that. Life is tricky and confusing and half the time you won’t know what’s going on.
You’ll find yourself at a stop light, constantly changing songs and crying because none of them match your mood and nothing feels right because even though you’re going home from spending quality time with a good friend you just feel so meaningless and can’t help but think about the guy who left you hanging and the job you don’t have and the people who just don’t care, all of which you’ll never have any real impact on. 
And I think that’s what gets me the most. People come in and out of my life. And I wish the “out” never had to happen. I wish that we could all stay in this little circle and be close for the rest of our lives. But sometimes people only come in for a short time before they prove to not be good for you anymore, before you no longer need each other.
So you go your separate ways. And I know how much it aches late at night when the memories won’t let you be and all you want is for him to tell you why he left and why he decided you were something he didn’t need. And you think about the friends that aren't so close anymore and how it feels like nobody really knows the real you from the facade you put on, not even you can tell the difference. And then there's the rest of your life that's all too open and you haven't figured anything out. 
All you want are answers. Just some kind of answer, to clear it all up.
But the truth is this is about more than just him. It's more than them. It's more than you.
It’s about all the people, the moments, the experiences, the time that you have lost. And all that lies ahead. 
Life is passing by like a runaway train, and we’re all doing our best just to stay steady and not miss the view alongside of us. It’s quite simple really, to forget to look outside the window when the experience directly in front of us seems to be overwhelming and all-consuming.
I know what it’s like, and I have a feeling that you might as well. But there is more than just what is facing us right this moment. There is more to see, more people to come and more people to leave. There’s more to feel. And there is more to do. 
So we mustn’t give up quite yet.





Similar Hats:



Target
Forever 21 (on sale now!)
H&M




 Similar Shoes:


ASOS
Qupid
Charlotte Russe



You May Also Like

0 comments