classically chic at golden hour

by - March 14, 2018



Taking it back to the beginning and publishing a good old fashioned outfit post, just because. A lot of my posts recently have been to promote other companies - which I love to support deserving brands - but it's nice to snap photographs of an outfit that I styled for myself and write just for the fun of it again.

I started this blog because I wanted to see where it could take me in fashion and in writing. And look how far I've come within these two years! I may not have the largest following, the most interaction, or make really any profit from this, but it's something that I genuinely love to do, which is why I continue to move forward with it.

We live in a world where money is at the front of most everyone's minds, driving our intentions and actions. I have to admit that even I find myself worrying about finances quite often. How will I afford to live if I go out on my own? Will I have to compromise doing what I'm passionate about for the sake of earning enough to live off of? How can I move forward in my career path but become more financially stable at the same time?

There's a lot of things to think about. And many people don't know what life is really like for me behind the pretty pictures. So I thought maybe I'd share a bit of it with you here. Here goes!

I was recently hired as a part time online personal stylist with Tailor, the app. With that I spend a good amount of time replying to messages related to style and earn a little from that - in my mind, not much is still something! Once I've stared at the computer for too long I take a quick break to walk around the house and then get back into it with an online internship that I have where I work on visual storylines/outfits and sales leads. Whenever I have time between those two things, I work on the blog or my other internship with College Fashionista. And then I have an online personal style course that I really need to put more effort into honestly - it doesn't have any weekly deadlines, I have to set them myself, so yeah, I tend to put it off quite frequently. Any time that my phone is in my hand I'm either replying to a message or working on my blog Instagram.

So there you have it! With this career field that I have chosen, work doesn't really stop for me. I'm always doing something, even if it's not for pay.

But the most important step that I have been trying to incorporate more into my day is a daily devotional/worship time, before doing any other thing on my to do list. By turning on the music and getting into the word and talking to God personally, my heart is set straight, right where it should be, and Jesus is placed before all else, right where He should be. I've realized that if I miss that part of my day, it only seems to drag on without really getting anywhere. I can do my work, but I can't do it well, like I can with Jesus at the forefront and center of it all.

With Him first, leading the way, I can do anything set before me.

Also, you may have noticed that everything I do is online, so I should probably explain that. I am a major introvert and homebody. I like my quiet time with no one standing over me, just doing what I do at my own pace. Plus there's a major lack of good jobs in the area that I live in without having to drive far, so online experience is better than no experience!

I hope you've enjoyed getting to know me and what my life is like a little more on here. And I would love to get to know each of you as well! So feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this post or on Instagram - or any other social media outlet that you prefer, the links are at the top of this blog page! Hope you all have a lovely day and remainder of your week! ♡




In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. 
Proverbs 3:6


So do not worry, saying "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you.
Matthew 6:31-33




Shop the look

You May Also Like

0 comments