revived healthy hair // l'oreal color mask

by - January 07, 2018




This L'Oreal Elvive Color Damage Hair Mask recently came in the mail, complimentary from Influenster to try out, and y'all, it is a hair saver! I've been using it two-three times a week, alternating when I wash my hair and I can't believe how much better my hair feels from it. It's like a conditioner with extra strength. So simple to add it into your hair routine with such good results.

Over the years, I have dyed my hair from purple to pink highlights to brighter blonde. I've just recently the past few months let it go back to its natural blonde. So what you see here is all real. I think it's slightly blonder still just because it was dyed on the ends in the past and the sun just continues to lighten it up.

This is also my natural texture, just plain and straight. Most of the damage in my hair is due to curling it almost every time I go out - call me crazy but I like to add a little texture rather than just leaving it flat. But now that I have been using this hair mask, it's finally getting back to a smoother, not frizzy, less damaged texture so I can actually wear it natural like this and be okay with it!



So this post is for all of y'all out there who have damaged hair - whether from dying or straightening or curling. It's difficult to escape hair damage and even more so to turn it back around to its natural style without the frizz or the split ends. This hair mask can do just that, though, and I am so happy to have the opportunity to try it out so I can share it with you!



With this cold weather, everything's become dry - my face, my hair, even my personality haha. Between the cold and my severe lack of sleep (tell me why again I've been staying up until 4 or 5 in the morning?!) I have just gotten lost so much in my mind that it's hard to even put words together. And on top of that I feel like crying on the whim of a hat over nothing, so this whole sleep and cold thing needs some damage control too. I just wish there was a conditioner that could fix it as quick as my hair. But, unfortunately no one has come out with something like that.

So really all I can do is get some sleep, layer up to stay warm, and just give it all up to God. I know I say this time and time again, but it just keeps ringing true how much I need to surrender. Without even meaning to, I find myself trying to stay on top of everything all on my own and that's enough to overwhelm anyone. Seriously, have you seen my to-do list lately? So when it all just gets to me like this, so much that I can hardly even have a normal conversation with anyone, I try to take it as a reminder to let go. Life with all of its daily chores and constant running is too much to try to take on my own. Quite often, I just have to cry out to Jesus, letting go of it all into his steady hands, making way for his will to be done. Not mine, Lord, but Yours be done. ♡



And going a little farther, he fell on the ground and prayed that, if it were possible, the hour might pass from him. And he said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." 
Mark 14:34-36






Shop the look



You May Also Like

0 comments