wedding guest style guide

by - October 10, 2017



Another day, another wedding. I recently took a weekend trip up to Gainesville to see one of my longest best friends get married! With weddings, I often find it difficult to figure out what to wear - don't want to be too fancy or casual or whatever else you think of when styling outfits - so I found major inspiration in The Black Tux wedding style guide. This guide has a bunch of wedding suit and tuxedo ideas with amazing style ideas and even exact outfits for the big day!

This particular wedding was casual and held outdoors in a park. Because of this, I opted for a pair of lace up flats - I almost always wear heels but thought flats would be more practical for a park. I wore a dark pink skirt, which I should've taken photos in before eating a big reception meal haha, and matched it with a flowy bell sleeved crop top that hit right at the top of the skirt for a classy yet casual look. Accessories were kept minimal, with a pale pink crossbody bag to match the color scheme and pink sunnies, along with natural hair and makeup. If you look at the style guide to the right you'll see pretty much these exact tips for dressing for a casual wedding!

And if you're invited to something a little more fancy, there are also tips for any kind of wedding, including semi-formal, black tie, or even white tie. In general, I would try to stick to a lighter color theme, unless it's a fall/winter very formal wedding in which burgundy is an amazing color to wear, and try to incorporate small amounts of color in a coordinated way with accessories too.



Lately I have been in a strange wedding mood, finding inspiration on Pinterest, awing at cute videos on YouTube, and binge watching Hallmark movies. I say strange, because I am about the most single person I know - like really, I can't even find dates to weddings, let alone someone to have a wedding with! Maybe it's just the season, but it feels as though as I get older, I am being prepared for the next steps of life even though they haven't come quite yet. Friends getting married makes me think it's only a matter of time before that's me up there too. More than likely I'll just be up there as a bridesmaid or something, but it's nice to think it could be mine one day.

For now, I'm focused on what I need to do to better myself and giving it all over to God to continually prepare me for when He brings that person into my life. I know in this generation it's difficult to think that a marriage will last, what with our parents and everyone around us splitting up right before our eyes. But I believe that when God is the center of it, the firm foundation of the relationship, then it does have the potential to last. I mean, if our grandparents lasted for 30+ years, then we could too.

In the meantime, as God prepares my heart, I keep these verses in mind. Love first comes from God, and if we look to that love as an example in our own lives, then we can use it to help guide our love for others in every kind of relationship.

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.”
1 Corinthians 13:4-8,13




Shop the look

You May Also Like

0 comments