a millennial fourth: 3 outfits for the Fourth of July

by - July 04, 2017



*I recently received this Maybelline #SuperStayMatteInk box in the mail, complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes, but my opinions are all my own!*

Y'all, this lipstick is so legit. I can honestly say that it is everything it says it is. It goes on easy and actually stays on. No transfer, so you can eat and drink without worries. No need to reapply throughout the day. Super pigmented, as you can see in the photos above, and dries matte for an extra glam look. It only runs at $8-$10 at stores like Target. This is seriously the best lipstick that I have tried, and I'll definitely be at the store soon to pick up some of the other shades!

I hope you all have/had a great Fourth of July! This post was meant to go up earlier for outfit inspo, but as usual life got a bit busy, so here it is just in time for the Fourth! Look below for three of my Fourth of July looks!
Because I took these looks a different way than the typical red white and blue, they're still great for the rest of summer, in case you need some outfit ideas for modern day style mixed with a bit of old fashioned, retro glam. When I received this box of lipsticks, I knew I had to do a Fourth of July outfit with the red, but after trying on the pink shade I wanted to take these outfits in another direction. Millennial pink is the thing. And I am so glad it is. Those of us in our 20s/30s just can't get enough of this girly statement shade. Adding it to a look of minimal color makes an outfit really pop!

What do you think about when you think Independence Day? Is it red white and blue outfits/decor? Burgers and hot dogs on the grill? Or is it maybe what the day is all about - freedom? Freedom is defined as "the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint" and "the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved." Everyone in America is free, in all thanks to those who serve and risk their lives for us. There's also a freedom aside from just that which is physical. It's the freedom we receive when we accept Jesus into our hearts and lives. It means that we are no longer bound by this world or the things of it. The sin, the guilt, the evil. When we choose God, our souls are set free in Him.

Thankful for this day that offers the opportunity to reflect on the freedom that I have been bestowed by those who fight for it and Jesus who laid his life down for me. 💗



Outfit 1








Outfit 2










Outfit 3










Happy Fourth of July!💖

You May Also Like

0 comments