another year, another wish

by - September 05, 2016






This is it... The big day. The day that I become an adult - with the exception of car-renting.
Still have a few more years to go on that one.
But, I am turning 21 in two weeks !!!! Okay, maybe I should take away the exclamation points because this girl isn't that excited about it. I mean, yeah there's greater freedom, but with freedom comes more responsibility. And I may have only been in my twenties for a year now, but I can already tell you that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Maybe when I'm established in my career and have a special someone who won't run off, things will be better. But right now, I can honestly say I have no idea what I am doing.
But that's okay. I don't need to know.
Because, the big guy up stairs already has it figured out. All I need to do now is relax and follow His lead.
And, I will only be in my twenties for a short time before it flies by, so shouldn't I be experiencing it rather than dreading it? Rather than hoping for a future that might not even be real?

My wish for this new year is that I let go of the perceived possibilities and "might be's" and really start to accept the "now" that I'm in. We spend so much wasted time, planning for a future that might not even happen. After spending countless hours driving myself insane because of the mere thought that everyone seems to have it all together and I'm out here with no clue what's going on, I am now beginning to see that maybe it's not about the "perfect" life. Maybe it's not about landing your dream job or finding your soul mate or living a comfortable, debt-free life.
Maybe it's about now. It's the people you impact every day and those who affect you. It's the time you spend doing something that might not even be paying you but still makes you feel somewhat accomplished. It's how much you give of yourself to others. It's the influence you're already making in someone else's life.
Maybe that's what this is all about.
I just wish to find out.



Anyways, I don't believe that anyone else can grant that wish for me. It's something only I can do as God works through me.
But, I wanted to make this list, because it seems as though every time someone asks what I want for my birthday I come up short. So, if you ask, I will just guide you here, because this makes it much easier for the both of us. I like all things fashion, makeup, books, travel...you name it.
So here is a list of some things that I would appreciate having:

1. Girls With #Goals Notebook (white)
2. 642 Things to Write (available at any bookstore)
3. House of Lashes Gift Set (or individual lash case & lashes)
4. Pale Pink Wallet (available at Target)
5. Sparkly Phone Case (available at Victoria's Secret)
6. Teak and Twine Gift Set
7. Rose Gold Sunglasses
8. "Just Another Fashion Blogger" Black T-Shirt
9. Glossier Quartz Highlighter
10. Invisible Book Shelf (available at Urban Outfitters)
11. Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit in "Maliboo"
12. Shea Moisture "Peace Rose Oil Complex" Collection (available at Target)
13. EverGlow Rose Gold Brush Set
14. "Don't Sweet Talk Me" PJ Set (size xs)
15. Roadmap: The Get-It-Together Guide... (available at Urban Outfitters)
16. Tan Floppy Hat
17. Pink Polaroid Camera (available on Amazon)
18. Rose Marble Phone Case


You May Also Like

0 comments