golden basics outfit post // shopping small

by - November 28, 2017



It has been one whirlwind of a week, if you can tell by my lack of posts on here and on Instagram!

This past week I was out of town helping take care of my almost-3-year-old nephew. And if that doesn't keep you busy and take it out of you, I went straight from that right into Thanksgiving/Black Friday then directly into cleaning/decorating for a holiday party that I held on Sunday. All of this running around and keeping busy has kept me away from the blog and my different work responsibilities, but sometimes it is nice to take a little break away, especially when it involves family and friends.

But now I'm back and ready to get into the swing of things again! This post was meant to go up like two weeks ago haha, but now that I have a chance to actually sit down by myself and write, it's going up a little later than I had planned.

I recently ordered this beautiful gold choker necklace from Shop J & G, and it has been an amazing compliment to my fall outfits! If you have taken a look at my outfits, you might notice that I typically buy from known stores because I can find great discounts and clothing options. But, upon discovering Shop J & G, my eyes have been opened to the significance it makes to shop small. Online shops like this are run by actual people who put a whole lot of love and care into each of their pieces and orders. They care about each sale, placing extra attention into what they do and their valuable customers. By shopping small, we support people in what they love to do and actually have the opportunity to help others.

The owner of Shop J & G is sweet as can be and really loves to make people's day through stylish clothing/accessories. Take a look at the site and pick something out to treat yourself! And because I want to help support this company and you as a reader, I have been provided with a code that gives you an extra discount. Use ahappyblur15 for 15% off!


This past week has brought to my attention a few things that I thought I might share with y'all, because if you've read this blog at all you know I like to be open on here. One thing is that I have grown to be content where I am. Which is a scary thing, because growing up I have always been told that once you are content that is when God moves you. The feeling of change on its way has been very evident in the air. The more comfortable I get here, the more I realize that it is all about to change. While I was down south, I actually became homesick. Y'all, I have never had a problem with that until recently when I have gone on trips away from my normal everyday life.

The comfort zone is a tricky thing. In one instance, it is a good stability to have. But in another, it can leave you trapped, no longer reaching for the "more" in life. My personal comfort zone is going to change. I don't know when and I don't know how. But I'm just praying that God holds me steady as things go up in the air and aren't the same anymore.

Another thing is taking leaps of faith. I find that I often dream more than I do. It's just easier that way. There's no risk of failure. No chance of dreams being dashed if it doesn't go the way I wanted it to. But if I never take the leap, there's no way of knowing the good that could've come from it. God has placed people in my life who encourage me to take the chances that have only previously existed in my dreams. I am working more on making decisions based on faith rather than fear. It's not an easy thing to do, trust me, but I'm just hoping it's worth it.

I could go on and on about the things that have been brought to my attention lately, but for this post I'll just keep it at this. Just those couple things in itself have been attention-grabbing and eye-opening. All I know is that at the end of the day, through the changes, through the failure, through the heart-dropping realizations, faith is the only thing that can carry me through. All I can do is have faith that God has a plan and it's all better held in His hands. ♡




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11





Shop the look

You May Also Like

1 comments