10 fall things to do

by - October 20, 2017



Currently in the mood for all things fall! I can't believe it's already here and almost gone so quickly - like, is there really Christmas stuff up this soon when I haven't even had my fill of fall yet?!

While the season is still in swing, I thought it would be fun to put together a list of things to do for fall since there's so many fun events and activities to do during this time!

1 - pumpkin patch photos

I've already done this at least twice this month. It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out a tiny little pumpkin to take home with me. I love adding a mini photo session while I'm there! Although, as you can probably tell from the flip flops and glasses - I would never wear flip flops out unless I was just not feeling up to dressing nice or I was running out the door, in this case it was both haha - I wasn't really prepared for a shoot like this. But it was too cute to pass up, so I just went with it! 

2 - campfire time

The smell of a campfire definitely comes neck and neck to pumpkin spice for the scent of fall. There's nothing like gathering around a warm fire, especially on a cool night - in which we haven't had quite yet here in Florida, fingers crossed it comes soon. Sip on apple cider or hot cocoa, toast marshmallows, someone playing the guitar and singing, and just have a good time outside. 

3 - pumpkin arts & crafts

Okay, one thing about me - I have never actually carved a pumpkin before. Am I really missing out on something though? It just seems difficult, and growing up my family wasn't big on halloween. But recently, I have painted pumpkins, which I think is a pretty good alternative to carving one. It keeps the pumpkin nice on the inside and cute on the outside, without all the hard arm muscle required to carve the thing! 

4 - corn maze

Another truth about me - corn mazes actually make me kinda nervous, haha. I'm not sure if I have ever done one, but everywhere I look there's a corn maze advertised so it seems like a fun thing to do! Just need someone with me who is good with direction, or else I'll probably end up stuck until someone comes to the rescue.

5 - pumpkin spice and everything nice

Does anyone else find baking fun? Not like I do it every day or anything, but I love to try a new recipe and make cute, tasty treats, especially with a theme like fall. I've just recently started making my own pumpkin spice lattes at home, just by adding half & half, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to my coffee! I have also added pumpkin puree to pretty much everything sweet that I make, just to get that taste of fall in.

6 - fall festival

I absolutely love walking around a cute little festival, lit up with carnival lights, rides and yummy fair food! It's even more fun with good friends in the mix. Deep fried oreos are always so good to get at these festivals, but at the last one I discovered deep fried cookie dough and it is basically the best thing ever, aside from krispy kreme bacon cheeseburgers. Ok, someone stop me before I drool.

7 - road trip to see the leaves

If you're like me and don't live near the beautiful fall foliage up north, it's time for a road trip! Believe it or not, you don't really even have to drive far to get to cooler weather and better scenery, just a few hours max. So if anyone is up for a road trip, let's plan one stat!

8 - fall movie marathon

Am I the only one who is lowkey obsessed with Hallmark movies during the fall/winter months? No? Ok great haha. Even if you don't particularly share a fondness for those cheesy love stories, you probably have some halloween movie favorites that bring back nostalgic childhood feelings. They may even be on Netflix, so there's really no reason not to settle in for a cozy marathon night!

9 - fresh market & live music

Repeat after me: produce is good. Ok, now that you have that down, produce is even better from a market grown by local farmers! It's even better walking around a cute little market when there's live music. Just google markets near you, and you'll be sure to find some kind of event like this coming up.

10 - friend fall get-together

Fall consists of all of those warm cozy feelings, and so do friends! There's nothing better than getting together with those you love and sharing a night of laughter, food, and all of the things above with them. I'm planning one as I type, with pumpkin everything, a small bonfire, fall photo backdrop, and just a good time with good people.

🍂🍂🍂

Those are all of the things that I can think of off the top of my head. What is your favorite fall thing to do? If I have missed one, feel free to drop a comment below! I love hearing about fall traditions and finding new activities, including some of these that I haven't had a chance to do yet. Hope you have a happy fall! 🍁





Shop the look






 
 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:24-25

You May Also Like

0 comments