think pink

by - May 17, 2017



Top: H&M // Pink Blazer: Forever 21 // Skirt: Charlotte Russe // Shoes: Kenneth Cole Reaction // Bag: Guess // Sunnies: Forever 21


As we near the end of spring, I can't help but think about how much I don't want peony season to leave because I love seeing pretty flower photos all over Instagram. Anyone else?!
Naturally, because of my love for all things pink, I styled a look after the beauty that is the peony flower. Using inspiration from the layers of pink with the light center that could almost be white, I added different dimensions with the pink shade in this outfit. This kind of look has the potential to be worn at most any event when you want to up the style factor, from dinner dates to church to job interviews to the work place. It's classy yet shows a side of sass at the same time.
One thing to keep in mind when styling outfits is to always coordinate your shoes with something on the top to keep the balance, as I did here, matching the pink shade of my lace up heels to that of my favorite pink blazer.

Something I do is think a lot. No, not just about pink outfits. Although that does run through my mind quite often. But I think about a variety of things, especially people and life. Being an introvert has come with some struggles. While I love staying in and working from home, if I don't get out enough I typically wind up feeling pretty lonesome. Been there before? It's times when no one seems to want to be with me that I end up feeling the worst about my own nature. Despite my efforts to reach out, it's as though everyone is too busy to spare a moment with a friend. I begin to question my own likeability, asking myself if anyone really actually wants to be my friend. Because more often than not, I just feel alone in this journey.

I know, I've heard it plenty of times that I'm not alone, because God is always with me. But sometimes it's necessary to have human fellowship to stay grounded and sane. Spending all of my days inside with little interaction, if I don't have some friend time at least once during the week, that loneliness starts to dwell up inside of me.

Don't ask me where I'm going with this, because I don't even know myself. Maybe it's the lack of sleep. Or maybe I really am just lonely. All I know is that Jesus really is the only stable one to lean on. Because people are people. They grow distant, and we can't always trust that they'll follow through. It's not a burn against anyone. I know I'm this way too.

So if you're feeling lonely too, we're in this together. Put on some worship songs that really get to the depth of God's love for you, open up the Bible and read one of the many stories about people just like you and I, and start talking to God about anything and everything. Because sometimes, He's the only friend we have.





Shop the look



You May Also Like

0 comments