base beauty blender

by - May 23, 2017



What's better than a makeup tool that blends foundation flawlessly, is easy to use, easy to clean, saves product, oh and sparkles?
Go ahead, I'll wait.
Upon finding out about Base Beauty Blender, I had already heard about all of the benefits of a silicone beauty blender and wanted to try it out myself. Can you imagine the giddiness I felt when they reached out?

Up until now, I haven't had a beauty section on the blog, so this served as the perfect opportunity to start one! I love all things beauty, whether it's hair, eye lashes, brows.. Beauty is an art form, a way to wind down and accent your natural glamour. I absolutely cringe when people say that it's for people who are ashamed of how they look without makeup, because that is in no way true. And isn't it funny that it's always from those who are totally against makeup? Girl, I'm not shaming you for your choice to go without, so don't be shaming me for something that I enjoy.
But seriously, I hope to use this section to teach y'all things that I have picked up along the way, like how I do my hair color, lashes, and master the art of the perfect eyebrow. Look forward to many things to come!

In the meantime, here's my step-by-step on how to use the Base Beauty Blender to give you that flawless complexion.




1 - Moisturize


My skin is naturally a combination of dry and oily, so I stick with just a dab of Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion every morning to clear this up.


2 - Prime



The right primer is especially tricky to find. I recently discovered the wonders of rose water spray, and let me tell you, it really does make a difference. Just a couple of spritzes and your face will feel not only completely refreshed, but it adds that light, necessary layer to protect your skin from the foundation seeping into your pores. When I use this spray in turn for primer, my face looks less cakey and smoother after makeup application and a day's worth of wear.


3 - Foundation



Break out your favorite foundation. I personally love Estee Lauder Double Wear and always use it when I go out. It's medium coverage, I believe, so it's light enough to not feel or look cakey but heavy enough to cover everything from acne to discoloration. It stays put all day too, which comes in handy when you don't know what the day ahead may hold.


4 - Blend



This is where it can get just a little confusing. Silicone blenders are not the same as regular sponge type blenders. I've had to learn my lesson the hard way, aka multiple times, with overapplying product because I'm used to the sponge. The silicone blender doesn't soak in the makeup as the sponge does, though, so I just end up moving the foundation around my face until it looks covered. Then I go in and pat every inch of my face with the beauty blender. It should feel sort of tacky or sticky. Once it all looks smooth and like it's not going to move anytime soon, it should be set! I'd just like to take a moment to look at that transition from pale to tan. I don't tan my face because of Irish skin that burns easily, so foundation really works wonders here.


5 - Conceal


One of the most common makeup mistakes people do is to only rely on foundation to give that even coverage, completely overlooking concealer. But here's the truth of the matter - concealer works to brighten up the right areas of your face and cover any blemishes that might still be noticed. I use Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind concealer. It has amazing coverage, lasts forever - as long as you tear the sponge off of the top, it holds in the makeup so let that be gone and save yourself some $$ - and comes at a reasonable price. You'll want to use a concealer that is a shade lighter than your foundation. That way it does its job of brightening up that pretty face of yours. Apply it under the eyes in a v-shape to hit the cheeks a tad, along the center of your forehead to the nose to right above your lip to the chin. This is the T-zone. I also like to apply some on the sides of my face, underneath where my contour goes on my cheekbones. This helps to define and create that strong contoured look.


6 - Finished Face


After blending everything in, I spritz my face once more with the rose water spray - it also works as a setting spray! While waiting for that to dry, I do my brows and eyes. Then I picked up a trick to apply translucent setting powder before contouring and highlighting. So far, so good!


Achieving those smooth and practically flawless results is the most satisfying part of makeup application. I love seeing the finished product of a job well done, and Base Beauty Blender helps tremendously in accomplishing that final finish. If you're looking for a way to save money on makeup and have perfect looking skin at the same time, pick up one of these beauty blenders for yourself, using code "ahappyblur10" at checkout for 10% off. Free shipping is included! 




♡ I hope you enjoyed this post and look forward to more beauty content to come!



You May Also Like

0 comments