white-out spring look

by - April 12, 2017



Dress: Charlotte Russe // Pink Jacket: Forever 21 // Stripe Layer Top: H&M // Shoes: JustFab //
Bag
: Bostanten // Sunnies: Nordstrom



As Easter nears, I thought I'd share this simple spring look. In case you're like me and haven't yet found that perfect Easter dress, taking a simple dress and adding on light layers transforms a look into something just right for the occasion. For this outfit, I dug out a dress that I've had for years and thought about ways to make it different. First I turned it around so that the pattern on the back would be seen on the front instead - because who really looks at your back as much as the front of the outfit? Then I topped it off with a striped button-down top and a pink blazer to create dimension. The black bag matches the stripes on top, just as the shoes coordinate with the dress. These new sunnies are my absolute favorite. I've been eying - pun intended - this style for months, and when I found a pair at a reasonable price I had to get it!

Not only is Easter a time to shop for a favorite dress, but more importantly it's a time to reflect on the real reason for the holiday in the first place. People often seem to discredit the Easter story by waving it off, saying they've heard it before or treating it just as another story. But it's so much more than that. It's not just a thing of the past but a living truth that gives us hope for each day that comes to pass.

Jesus wasn't just born and didn't just die, but He rose again after death to give us life. It also works as a symbol of dying to our past lives and awakening into this new life of following in God's footsteps and being His messengers to the lost. We celebrate not because a human-size rabbit hopped into our homes and dropped off candy but because the human version of God walked this earth many years ago, loved on people, and committed the ultimate act of love and sacrifice for each of us in days to come.

We are a saved people, with a reason to rejoice. So as the dress shopping and bunny-shaped chocolate attempts to distract us, let us not forget that Jesus is risen. 💗



Shop the look




You May Also Like

0 comments