holidays

by - December 27, 2016




Dress: Charlotte Russe // Shoes: Zigi soho // Jacket: H&M // Purse: Anne Klein




Christmas has come and gone, and I have to say it was a rather successful one after all.
Not because of the gifts or that everything went exactly as planned - I can assure you it didn't - but because of the reminder of what the day was all about. I've realized how blessed I am, from the people around me to the accessibility to give gifts to the bounty of food. Not only am I blessed with what I have been given on this earth, but I am eternally grateful for the gift extended to me that has provided myself with the very gift of eternity.
No other gift could surpass that. And that is the very reason in which we celebrate.
Many factors could have hindered my capability to put on a cheerful attitude.
From missing church to unexpected reappearances from someone of the past, I had some reason to feel a bit disappointed. How was I to know that on Christmas morning at 1am he was going to contact me after months of silence? How could I foreshadow the conflict of feelings on that day?
Despite this, God placed it on my heart to forgive. And I have to tell you, forgiveness is scary. It's tough to lower the wall that you've built to keep the hurt out. But little by little the bricks come down, and it's not as bad as you thought.
I looked around on Christmas day, and all I could see was how good everything really was.
There were people that I loved and gifts that I received from them in effort show their appreciation and just a feeling that it was all okay. Not perfect, but okay. And that's enough.

I hope you all had a happy day as well and continue to feel that joyous, warm love that this season brings. This look is more for holiday parties and such, but it's still one of my favorite dresses for whenever I want to up my style factor for the day. If you're not feeling sparkles for New Years, this lace is a great alternative.
In any case, this time of year is the best time to try out different looks and find new favorite styles for the upcoming year.
I wish you all a merry (& late) Christmas and a happy new year!




Similar Dress



Tobi
Lulus
Charlotte Russe




Similar Jacket



Tobi
Forever 21
Lauren Conrad



You May Also Like

0 comments